Sunday, January 9, 2011

ITS A RHEUMATOID DAY....BLAH!



Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) can be a challenge, as anyone who has it knows. RA is a chronic, long-term disease that occurs because the body's immune system doesn't work the way it should. Most people associate the immune system with fighting infections. While it does this, in people with RA, the immune system also attacks the body. That's why RA is called an autoimmune disease.

What happens in RA?

When the immune system attacks the body like it does in RA, it leads to the symptoms that people with RA experience — from joint pain and stiffness to fatigue. Over time, the joints can become permanently damaged. Without proper treatment, this kind of damage can lead to disability. New, targeted therapies in RA provide hope for people with this condition.



Yes Friends...this is one of the ailments I suffer daily with, especially during this very cold weather.

Yesterday was a very difficult day for me for it started out early, I went to help my friend Rob at his shop, then I had dinner with my children to celebrate my birthday that was on Thursday.  By the time I got home it was just about 8:00pm.  A long 12 hour day for me...much to long and I should know better.  My RA flared like a bad dog and my body was screaming in pain.  I really didn't know what to do for the meds were not helping.  I did think about going to the ER to see if they would put me on a steroid med dose pack or give me some good pain killers but I am one of those people who try my hardest to fight through the pain.  DUMB.  I went through the night feeling like I was going to lose my mind I had so much pain.  I wasn't comfortable in my bed, sitting in the rocker, on the loveseat, laying on the floor....nothing would ease the pain.  I finally dosed off around 5:30am and slept until 8:30pm.  I am doing a bit better today but I have to make sure I don't do anything today.  Rest is on the agenda...nothing more.  Thank God for microwaves. :)
I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday filled with much love and abundant blessings.  Miss Kimmie here is going to think about going down to my sisters in South Carolina for the remainder of the winter to get some relief.  I will keep you posted.

Hugs,
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment